Monday 29 October 2012

The Nexus 4 and the Nexus 10. I hate memes but....


Okay so if you're as obsessed with mobile technologies as I am you've likely already seen the incredible video documentaries posted by The Verge earlier today in relation to evolution of Google Now's voice search efforts and of course the highly anticipated new nexus devices, the Nexus 4 and the Nexus 10.

Now I have to admit I was a little hesitant when I first learned that LG would indeed be the company behind the next Nexus phone considering that I've been burned by those b*sterds in the past however when I sat and thought about it for a second it dawned on me that the idea of having LG's admittedly beefy hardware specs and Google's stock Android experience could prove to be a match made in geek heaven (That's a real place.)


The actual device itself looks incredibly polished and well manufactured yet still retains the classic Nexus monolithic design. It's sports a 4.7 IPS+ Display at 1280x768, 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, Gorilla Glass 2 (front and back), 8MP camera, wireless charging and Android 4.2. I won't lie to you. I want one.




The highlight of these videos however (at least for me) was the reveal of the Nexus 10 tablet developed by Google in conjunction with hardware partners Samsung. This thing looks absolutely gorgeous and is the Android tablet I've been waiting for. The screen resolution is an awe-inspiring 2560x1600....

...Yup. You read correctly.

And underneath the hood is the lightning fast Samsung Exynos 5 5250 chip.

#Drool

If I haven't made it clear already. I'm excited. Very. Very. Very excited. It's great to see just how passionate Matias Duarte and the rest of the Google crew are about these new innovations and they manage to convey their elation without plonking themselves in front of a white background and pontificating endlessly about the minor steps forward they've taken in order to try and sell you what is essentially the same product...*cough*...Apple...*cough* *cough*.

Anyway. Enough of my rambling. Check out the links below for the full interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-4uMQqerA&feature=g-user-u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXtudZl5mzM&feature=g-user-u

No comments:

Post a Comment